It’s been confirmed there will be no new Post Study Work visas granted after April 2012, but that UK graduates will be able to switch into Tier 2, and will not be considered towards the cap.
Another Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules next week is expected. This is to cover English language and accreditation requirements, with a view to allowing educational establishments to plan for the forthcoming changes.
It also looks likely that:
- The first month’s tranche of the cap will be decided on 11 April 2011- sponsors are not pre-allocated, unlike the temporary cap.
- Tier 4 changes will be made over the next 18 months
- After Easter UKBA will announce reviews of :
- Tier 5
- overseas domestic workers
- the rights of Tier 2 migrants to settle
- family routes all in the context of cutting down numbers who may be able to settle.
- in autumn, a review of the next year’s limits on Tier 2.
Forthcoming changes will be covered in our supplement to our excellent Guide to the Points Based System. The new JCWI Guide to The Points Based System hits the bookshelves on Tuesday Order it here.
JCWI will be running a course on the more Tier 1 and Tier 2 developments in May and also a Point Based System on Tier 4 in June. The dates for these courses are: 12 May11 for “Working under the PBS” course and 20 June 11 for “Tier 4 – latest changes and legal challenges”. Click here for course details and booking form.