Dealing with refusals for spouses/partners under 21

We’re getting a lot of calls and searches about various scenarios realting to visas/leave to remain decisions for those aged under 21 so before nipping off for the day we thought we’d flag up the UKBA latest guidance on what to do if you were refused a spouse/partner visa solely on age grounds.  There’s  basically a review process to deal with these cases and  a special form for this purpose.

You’ll need to get your review form off  before 31 st May 2012 if you want to avoid a fee.  We’ll be doing a post about this issues more generally and the different scenarios shortly. In the meantime  we’ve reproduced UKBA’s explanation for you below but please read the guidance and forms in full and speak to a lawyer if you need help.

This page explains what you should do if you were refused a spouse/partner visa solely on age grounds.

If you were refused a visa solely on age grounds alone, between 27 November 2008 and October 2011 and you have not since made a successful application, you could have seek a review of that decision.

If you are applying to remain in the UK as a spouse or partner and you would like to seek a review, you should complete the review of decision form on the right side of this page and send it to:

Family Casework
PO BOX 3468
S3 8WA

If you are applying for entry clearance (permission to enter the UK) as a spouse or partner you should complete the VAF4A application form, which you can download from the right side of this page. You will then need to provide your biometrics and submit your review request to the relevant visa application centre. Further information can be found under applying from outside the UK under the relevant category.

To find out if you are able to seek a review of that decision, please see the guidance on the right side of this page.

If you would like us to reconsider your case you should seek a review of the decision to refuse you a visa by 31 May 2012. This application for review is free of charge. If you apply after 31 May 2012 you will need to apply in the normal way and pay the relevant fee.

About jcwi

Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants is a key campaigning voice in the field of immigration, asylum and nationality law and policy. It is completely independent from government funding, remaining entirely free from government influence. View all posts by jcwi

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: